DO YOU NEED CHEESE?
Most humans love cheese. However, our love of cheese is often overcome with our fear of cheese. We’ve been led to think that cheese contains too much fat and cholesterol. If you’re a calorie counter, most likely, you avoid most types of cheese.
|Babs Hogan is on a mission. As the writer, I have several goals.
- To convince you that you really need the variety of nutritional components that cheese offers.
- To discuss potential benefits of cheese, especially regarding vitamins and minerals.
- To review recent studies related to saturated fats and cholesterol.
- To separate the good fats from the bad fats. We’ll focus on Omega 3 fatty acids and Omega 6 fatty acids. All fats are not equal.
- To eliminate your fear of eating cheese because you’ve heard that it is “bad” for you. This psychological shift may take months, but it’s worth it.
- To encourage you to enjoy artisan and farmstead cheeses, especially those made in your local area.
- To encourage you to visit your local cheese shop regularly and get to know the shop’s cheesemonger.